Tears of the Kingdom is going to ruin our lives, and I’m here for it

Screenshot from The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom featuring Link standing on a precipice overlooking the vast sky landscape of Hyrule.
Image: Nintendo

As the high from watching Nintendo’s Tears of the Kingdom gameplay video fades, I’m left with a staggering thought: “this game is going to ruin lives.”

As much as I enjoy The Legend of Zelda, it’s never really been a series that I get out of bed for. Before today’s TotK (pronounced “tok”) presentation, I figured I’d invest however long it’d take for me to finish a review and never pick it up again. But seeing Link take a monster eye and fuse it to an arrow to create a homing missile, I felt my brain crack open and spill everywhere. It was an “oh... oh no” kind of moment. I could see the nigh limitless potential of the kinds of shenanigans I could get up to running around Hyrule. And I know that, just like I did with Elden Ring, I will...

Continue reading…

https://ift.tt/cajHS2g

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form